The challenges facing foster youth are real. They face mental and physical challenges, lack stability at home and in school, struggle to keep pace academically with their peers, and continue to face challenges in adulthood.
Get Involved! Seattle Rep has partnered with local organizations on our production of Luna Gale, a play that centers around a veteran social worker. There organizations provide support for families in the foster care system and at-risk youth. Below is an alphabetical list of just some of our partners, along with their mission statements and links for more information.
- Amara works to ensure that every child in foster care has the love, support and comfort of a committed family – as quickly as possible, and for as long as they need.
- For more information, visit amaraparenting.org
- Casey Family Programs is the nation’s largest operating foundation focused on safely reducing the need for foster care and building Communities of Hope for children and families across America. Our mission is to provide and improve – and ultimately prevent the need for – foster care.
- For more information, visit: casey.org
Center for Children and Youth Justice
- CCYJ’s mission is to advance justice for and enhance the lives of children and youth through juvenile justice, child welfare, and related systems reform.
- For more information or to volunteer, visit: ccyj.org
- Our mission is to end the cycle of child abuse and neglect forever by healing its youngest victims with scientifically proven therapeutic care, preparing them to be successful learners, supporting their families, and laying the foundation for lifelong loving relationships.
- For more information, visit: childhaven.org
College Success Foundation
- Mission – We provide a unique integrated system of supports and scholarships to inspire underserved low-income students to finish high school, graduate from college and succeed in life.
- For more information, visit: https://www.collegesuccessfoundation.org/get-involved and http://www.washingtonpassportnetwork.org/home.
Families Like Ours
- The mission of Families Like Ours is to overcome barriers for ALL families. We achieve this through strong individual family and youth advocacy, a continuum of family support, community outreach and education.
- For more information, visit: familieslikeours.org
Foster Care to Success
- Foster Care to Success provides scholarships and other resources to foster youth attending college. http://www.fc2success.org/
- This a national organization connects the foster community (parents and youth alike) with the resources they need to succeed – like jobs, technology, online digital storage of important documents, and more. ifoster.org
Independence Living Program
- This program helps foster youth learn how to find a job, get housing, create a budget, navigate the financial aid maze, and successfully get into college. www.independence.wa.gov
King County Dependency CASA Program – Seattle
- CASA Seattle makes sure every child who needs a court appointed special advocate (CASA) gets one. http://www.wacasa.org/
- Our mission is to improve foster care and end youth homelessness. Our vision is for all young people to reach adulthood healthy, supported, and with full opportunity to thrive in life.
- For more information or to volunteer, visit: mockingbirdsociety.org
- Sleep Train conducts Donation Drives at their different locations to help children in the Foster Care System. Currently, they are holding a Pajama Drive through April 24, 2016. For more information: http://www.sleeptrainfosterkids.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=cms.page&id=1010